Saturday, February 14, 2009

Banana Spice Pie

Monday night we had girls' night at my friend Amy's house, so Sunday night I made Banana Spice Pie. While Key Lime Pie is my absolute favorite pie (at the moment), this Banana Spice Pie is a close second. Thank you to Kraft Foods for the recipe. They call it Banana Caramel Spice Pie, but I don't use the caramel, so it is just Banana Spice Pie.

It's super-duper easy, and with a few low-fat/fat-free modifications, it isn't THAT bad for you.

Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 4 hr 10 min
Makes: 8 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 large ripe banana, sliced (make sure the banana is fairly ripe, but not super mushy ripe)
  • 1 6 oz. OREO Pie Crust
  • 2 cups cold milk (I used skim milk, even though Cam says that is not real milk. The boy also likes pimento cheese, so what does he really know about food?)
  • 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O White Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling (Make sure the boxes are instant! White Chocolate JELL-O pudding mix is also available in fat-free, though I have a hard time just finding the regular version.)
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed (I used low-fat Kroger brand - it's cheaper and tastes the same. And try to use it thawed - it makes the pie much fluffier.)
  • 1 cup caramel ice cream topping (optional - I don't use this, but I bet it tastes really good)



    Directions:

    Place banana slices on bottom of crust. Blend dry pudding mixes and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour in cold milk and beat with a wire whisk 2 minutes (it feels like forever!) or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Optionally, serve topped with caramel topping. Store leftover pie in refrigerator. Though I can almost promise you there will be no leftovers.


    So delicious and creamy!
  • No comments: